The majority of members of Durham Business Club are smaller businesses and, over the years, we’ve gained a strong reputation for the services and events we organise and the business relationships we’ve been able to facilitate and develop between those smaller businesses. However, amongst the members there are also a number of larger and corporate organisations and following discussions with them it became apparent that many would value an opportunity for senior level managers to get together and develop similar business relationships within their own peer group.
The result of those discussions was the launch, in February 2014, of The Executive Group.
- Open to senior, director level, decision makers only – strictly adhered to
- One representative per company
- Any substitutions must be at director level
- To grow a good mix of sector knowledge and expertise, membership will be by invitation and not be restricted to existing DBC members.
- The Group will be limited to 50 member companies to ensure relationships can develop. It is anticipated that attendance will be between twenty and thirty at each meeting.
- Larger and corporate organisations are eligible or companies with a highly visible regional profile
- Bi monthly, lunchtime meetings
- Non sales environment
- Mixture of formats to keep it fresh; facilitated discussions, visits, presentations
- Members of the Group will share personal email and telephone numbers on the strict understanding that these will not be shared with anyone outside the Group without their express permission.
- £550 + vat per annum
Subscription includes standard business club benefits and events (accessed by any level of representatives from the company) plus 6 Executive Group
lunches per annum
- To build relationships between members of the group to support the sharing of best practice, peer support and mentoring.
- To provide an opportunity for members of the group to step outside the everyday operation of their business.
- To provide a forum for discussion to keep abreast of regional, national and global business issues.
Membership of the Durham Business Executive Group is by invitation but if you’re interested in the concept and would like to know more, please contact Alison Gittins on 0191 3755 700.