WRITE THE PERFECT PRESS RELEASE
Does your business have a great story to tell?
Or are you itching to let the world know about your latest big order?
This workshop will help you to describe what your business does best and create that all-important press release to help your organisation get the coverage you want in the media. We’ll also tell you what journalists want to know about you and what to tell them.
Hey Presto will:
- Guide you to write an interesting and effective press release
- Show you how to write for websites and generate an instant presence online
- Demonstrate why a picture paints a thousand words
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand how a newsroom works and what makes a good story
- Know how to construct a press release
- Write articles for online news websites
- Be able to explain what you do clearly and concisely
- Understand the importance of a good photograph
Presenter – Jonathan Ward
Jonathan is an award-winning communications professional who has worked continuously within the media industry since 1992. In 2006, Jonathan set up his own PR consultancy successfully competing against more experienced agencies to win contracts with organisations across the North East.
He now works as a freelance PR professional and teaches on the BA and MA programmes in Journalism and Public Relations at Newcastle University and Sunderland University.
1/2 day session with refreshments and buffet lunch – £80
Durham Business Club member / Durham Office Services client – £72
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Interested in attending multiple sessions – special discounts available – Contact the team on 0191 3755700